Flowers are a major part of any wedding, but even with the use of silk flowers, flowers can become very expensive. To keep the wedding budget in the black, couples many choose to make their own wedding flower arrangements.
The following is a guide to 10 simple wedding flower arrangements:
1. Daisies, roses and rose petals, lilies, gladiolus , and many other popular wedding flowers can be used in floating flower arrangements. These arrangements can be made in shallow glass bowls, fish bowls, and punch bowls. Add in floating candles, colored stone or sand for that extra touch.
2. Fresh apples, pumpkins, squash, and watermelons can make great natural vases and containers to hold a single flower or a large wedding flower arrangement. These items work well for spring, summer, and fall themed weddings.
3. Baskets can be lined and filled with flowers and greenery and decorated with balloons, ribbons or a bow. Or have the center of the basket filled with a small flower arrangement, and then fill the rest of the basket with wrapped chocolates and candies or small toys for the children.
4. Mason jars can be filled with candies, chocolates, or clear or colored gel with a single flower in the center. The jars can also be decorated with small items to enhance any theme.
5. Small vases filled with a single rose and wrapped with a ribbon can be placed at each guest's place setting. Some vases can be engraved and given to guests as wedding favors. Large vases can hold beautiful wedding flower arrangements at the guest book, bridal table, table centerpieces, or on the cake table.
6. For an antique look, remove the labels from used cans and rough the can up a bit with sandpaper. Then fill the can with wildflowers or daisies.
7. Floral balls made from pinning moss, mums, or daisies to Styrofoam balls cannot only create interesting geometric shapes, but they can be used to decorate platters and bowls. They can even be hung from the ceiling for a special effect.
8. A hand made trellis can be decorated by wrapping long stemmed flowers, vines, and various greens. Trellises can then be used in entranceways or a couple can stand beneath one and exchange their vows.
9. For a western theme, cowboy boots can be filled with floral foam, holding a flower arrangement and then used as a table centerpiece.
10. Glass hurricane lanterns can be painted with a seasonal theme, or personalized and then placed on a table surrounded by wedding flowers to make a unique and beautiful centerpiece. The lamps can also be given to guests as a wedding.
Visit our category :